Jim Edwards is the copywriting guru behind Russell Brunson's ClickFunnels. In this Copywriting Secrets review, I will share my thoughts on his book, so you can see if it's for you.
As a consultant, I'd say copywriting is responsible for 80% of the wins I get my clients, so I'd say it's probably a book you should at least consider.
On the face of it, copywriting is just another arrow in a marketer’s quiver.
But, at its core, it is a skill that can make or break your business.
Keeping in view the fact that the global copywriting industry is worth more than $2.3 trillion, it can be said that more and more business owners and marketers now understand the importance of “copy“.
They know that copywriting can either be an investment or simply a waste of time and money, depending on how effectively you are doing it.
However, it’s easier said than done. This is why about 64% of B2B marketers outsource copywriting.
(LinkedIn Techology Marketing Community also reported that writing is the most outsourced content marketing activities)
Copywriting is the art and science of using (written) words to market a business, product or service, or an idea.
It is an art of persuasion – convincing readers to take specific and measurable actions without making them feel pushed for it.
According to the renowned American marketing and creative communication consultant Bruce Bendinger, “copywriting is a job. A skilled craft. Verbal carpentry. Words on paper. Scripts to time. And one more thing – Salesmanship.”
For a long time, it was believed that not everyone could master this craft of salesmanship. Therefore, those who cannot do copywriting on their own should outsource it.
However, Jim Edwards seems to disagree. According to Edwards, salesmanship is an acquired talent, and the art of copywriting can be learned.
In his latest book titled Copywriting Secrets, Jim Edwards shares his long-kept secrets of copywriting to help businesses drive measurable results out of it, i.e., increased sales.
Who Is Jim Edwards?
Jim Edwards has many titles and achievements under his belt. He is one of the topmost direct response marketers, an entrepreneur, author, newspaper columnist, motivational speaker, and affiliate coach. But, he is best known for his copywriting talent. In fact, he is considered one of the best copywriting experts in modern times.
Edwards is also the founder and owner of Guaranteed Response Marketing, LLC, a marketing and advertising company based in Virginia, and the co-founder of Funnel Scripts, a copywriting automation software (read my detailed review of Funnel Scripts to learn more about the software).
What Is Copywriting Secrets About and What Does It Include?
Copywriting Secrets is just what its name suggests – a book in which the copywriting wizard Jim Edwards shares his winning strategies, tried and tested tips and tricks, proven blueprints, and plug n’ play copywriting formulas to help e-commerce businesses drive measurable results. Depending on where and how it is used, the information shared in the book can help business owners and marketers gain more followers, generate more leads, and/or drive more sales by utilizing the power of words.
Precisely, the book includes 31 winning strategies any business owner or marketer can use to:
- Target the right audience – people who have identified needs and are ready to make the purchase.
- Create compelling offers that attract, engage, and convert visitors in all types of markets.
- Build a base of loyal subscribers or followers.
- Encourage potential customers to act fast and buy quickly – with the use of emotional triggers.
- Increase sales
In short, the book aims to help e-commerce owners and marketers generate more leads, subscribers, and customers from their existing traffic. As opposed to many other experts, Jim Edwards doesn’t promise to help you increase traffic. Rather, he promises to help you make more money from your existing website traffic, which is a far better use of your resources than putting in your time, money, and effort into attractive non-valuable traffic.
The tips and techniques shared in the book can be used to create effective sales copies for all types of marketing and sales materials – from emails and sales letters to videos and webinars to all types of advertisements and even tweets.
The major themes, areas, or topics covered in the book include the following:
- The difference between regular writing and copywriting.
- What is sales copywriting? Why does it matter?
- How copywriting skills can be used to grow e-commerce businesses
- Understanding the underlying reasons why people buy.
- The age-old secrets of selling that merchants and entrepreneurs have been using ages to motivate their audience to buy.
- How to analyze your niche market effectively to get quick results.
- Things to consider about your products or services to make them more appealing and profit-making.
- Real-life examples and stories from Jim Edwards’ own life and those from other successful businesspersons. For example, the secrets of selling Edwards learned from a highly successful seller — a person who sold consumer products worth $2 billion.
- Hacking the code of effective copywriting and using it to create high-converting sales copies for your business.
- Simple and proven formulas to engage and convert your audience.
Who Is Copywriting Secrets For?
The books are for the owners and marketers of every e-commerce business that sells something but struggles with copywriting. The book aims to offer assistance in creating winning sales copies to all businesses, regardless of what industry they operate in, what they sell, and who their target audience is.
Is Copywriting Secrets Worth Your Time and Money?
If you’ve been involved in digital marketing for any length of time, you must know that being able to create engaging and persuasive sales copies is one of the most important skills in the digital world. However, as discussed above, not many business owners able to do it on their own and hence, outsource the task of copywriting. While outsourcing is a good way to ensure your business doesn’t suffer from your lack of copywriting skills, it is an expensive option.
Jim Edwards has written Copywriting Secrets to help businesses save the money they invest in outsourcing by sharing his knowledge in the form of tested blueprints and proven formulas for writing sales copies. He tells you the secrets to choosing the right words and how to use them to inspire your audience to take your desired actions.
Coming from someone like Jim Edwards, the tips and techniques certainly have a lot of weight.
If you want to increase your sales quickly by making the most of your existing traffic, but without spending all your time creating marketing sales copies, you should give this book a read.
However, if you are not sure, ask yourself the following questions to determine if the book is meant for you:
- Are your ads and other marketing and sales content boring?
- Do you need qualified leads?
- Do your sales copies effectively convert visitors into customers?
- Are you looking to generate more leads, increase your subscribers/ followers/ email list, and drive more sales?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Copywriting Secrets is worth your time.
What Format Is the Book Available In?
Copywriting Secrets by Jim Edwards is available in paper, Kindle, and audiobook formats. As of now, there is no pdf version available.
Copywriting Secrets Price
The book is priced at only $19.95 to make sure everyone who is selling something online, from big companies to individual amazon sellers, can benefit from Jim Edward’s experience.
With the purchase of Copywriting Secrets, you also get a couple of other special offers. While you do not have to necessarily buy other products, they are good offers, and you may want to grab them if you’re interested in learning more about copywriting and/or looking for ways to make the process easier. When you buy Copywriting Secrets, you receive the following upselling offers:
- Sales Story Secrets at $97. This is a set of comprehensive training material on how to create successful stories for sales copies. Note that this training material is not available separately; it’s only available to the buyers of Copywriting Secrets.
- Funnel Scripts at $697. The copywriting automation software is separately available at $797, so you can get a discount of $100 by purchasing it along with Jim Edwards’ new book.
There has been a special offer on Copywriting Secrets. You can get the book for free by buying it directly from its website. All you have to do is to sign up, provide your details, and get the book just by paying the shipping charges, which are $7.95 for deliveries within the US and $14.95 for international deliveries.
The Pros and Cons of Copywriting Secrets
In case you are still not sure if Copywriting Secrets is worth buying and reading, here’s a round-up of the good and not-so-good things about the book:
- Easy to read
- Includes simple and easy to implement tips and techniques that can even be used by beginners.
- Offers simple and effective solutions for common copywriting problems most e-commerce business owners and marketers face.
- Includes real-life experiences and success stories.
- Limited Support – The book isn’t supported by Kindle reader, iBooks, overdrive, and Windows smartphones
The Final Word
With over 20 years of experience and countless achievements to his credit, Jim Edwards holds a reputable position in the copywriting industry. This is why every piece of information or advice that comes from him holds huge value for the businesses operating in the digital world. And this is exactly what makes Copywriting Secrets worth reading for every e-commerce business owner and marketer who’s struggling with copywriting or unable to make the most of its traffic due to ineffective sales copies.
Copywriting is different from other types of writing. Just because you are creative and excel at other forms of writing doesn’t mean you will be able to write winning sales copies too. It needs a different set of skills. The father of advertisement David Ogilvy aptly described it. He said:
“When I write an advertisement, I don’t want you to tell me that you find it ‘creative.’ I want you to find it so interesting that you buy the product.”
This is exactly what sometimes the most creatively written sales copy do not bring desirable results. The key here is to not think out-of-the-box and come up with the idea that no one has ever talked or written about. Rather, it is about using the right words – the words that attract, engage, and persuade your audience to convert from mere visitors to paying customers. And Jim Edwards promises to teach you the same in Copywriting Secrets. It deserves a read, especially when you can get it for free.
Claim your free copy before the offer ends and do share your opinions, viewpoints, and reviews with me in the comments section.